(also known as Power Springs)
- Operates over several revolutions
- Outside diameter is commonly held fixed by a ring or temporary retainer. We can manufacture these springs and install them into customer supplied housing.
- Ends are usually annealed to ease bending for attachment
- Has no space between outer coils to achieve moderate load with multiple revolutions
Most of the springs we make fall into these general guidelines, however, there are always exceptions. Call us with your requirements and we can design a spring to fit your application.
- From .010” to .062” thick
- From .125” to 3.000” width
Types of Materials Commonly Used:
- 1075 or 1095 Tempered Spring Steel
- High Carbon Spring Steel
- Stainless Steel – 300 series or 17-7 PH
- Non-Ferrous Alloys – Beryllium Copper or Phos Bronze
- Exercise equipment
- Temperature control
- Hose reels
- Seat belt retractor
- Electrical cord retractors
- Dog leads
We have a complete tool room with equipment capabilities to fabricate the tools required for the manufacturing of springs, stampings and wire forms.